Saturday, February 4, 2012

James R. Riccio on exhibit in Chester

 Advanced Drawing and Painting




 After having a conversation with painter James Riccio I am reminded how difficult it is to paint with watercolors.   Years ago I studied watercolor painting with John Falato at Paier College of Art.  It was shockingly hard to paint with watercolors after having some experience painting with oils.  I found myself putting dark values on the paper and not being able to correct my mistake, once it was on the paper it was there for good.  Unlike oils or acrylics you cannot scrape your paint off or paint over an obvious mistake. As our class continues on the path of learning about watercolors, realize that it does take a lot of patience and planning when creating a watercolor painting. 

  Watercolor Painting tips from John Falato  

  James R. Riccio Exhibit Information



  

No comments:

Post a Comment